1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud New owner and educated thx to you!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jm5mc5, Sep 16, 2008.

1. jm5mc5

jm5mc5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When I heard that my car was in this past weekend, I decided to do a little bit of research first.

I just wanted to say 'thank you'. Because of the things I learned here - I was able to drive a harder bargain with my trade.

I got my '08 Mag Grey pkg #6 for a little over invoice; I was practically given the road hazard package that covers tires, dings, scratches to the body and windshield; and, drumroll please, I got the extended warranty for $600.

All I have to say is thank you everyone. All you need is some concrete knowledge about the product you're buying from real people and you must be ready to walk away if it's not to you're satisfaction. They never expect that. Never. That worked for me for my last car purchase. The dealership actually endend up oweing me a few thousand dollars. I couldn't believe it myself!

I'm getting the windows tinted now -- and I'm searching for the best prices for some moldings, vent visors, and bumper protector. Any suggestions where to find the best deal?

Next will be the stripes.......

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Glad that you learned so much from the site. I know that it is a great place to talk with people who know lots about the Prius. Hope you love the car as much as I do.

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    toyota has road hazard coverage? what are the details about that? price? deductible?

4. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congratulations! Don't stop while you are on a roll. Almost every forum has something significant to contribute towards understanding your Prius (except Fred's House of Pancakes). :) FHOP reveals more information about Prius owners than it does their cars.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :eek: :humble: :fencing: :blah: :boxing: :tinfoil3: :der: :deadhorse:

6. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on getting your car!!!!

7. beckerman

beckerman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Extended warranty for $600????

Please specify the type, e.g., 7/100, 7/75 etc.

Thanks,