1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud new Owner!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ucsbgaucho, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ucsbgaucho

ucsbgaucho New Member

Well, I pulled the trigger on that amazing deal Saturday afternoon. $25,161 for an 07 Package #5. Not too bad! :) So I'm a happy new owner, and so far love the car. Just a couple quirks, maybe you guys can help me out....

I was surprised to find the windshield didn't have that tinted strip along the top, that I figured EVERY car had nowadays. I know some of you had that tinted when you had the rest of the windows tinted, is that the best way to go? And for those of you guys in CA, whats the legal tint for the front windows and the back?

On the nav screen, is there any way to have the radio show up along the top of the map area all the time, and not just when you use the steering wheel controls to change stations? Also, things like showing mpg, current temp settings, etc on top of the nav screen.

On the nav system, when you say "nearest _____________", is there a way I haven't found yet to pick from more than just one option? So far, when I say, for example "nearest bank" it'll give me one option, but if that's not the right bank, is there a way to see all of the banks nearby?

With the voice activated stuff, I've found that you can't press any buttons before they tell you to, is this correct? Like when you do a "dial by name" and then you say the name it says "when ready press the talk button or the off-hook button", but if you do that before the screen updates and shows the "Dial" option, you go back to the phonebook screen and have to do it again. Is this just the way it is?

My first things I really need to get are tint, Sirius and the HOV stickers. As far as Sirius (or either satellite service), what are the thoughts on going with the tuner to hook into the built-in screen vs going with just a sirius PnP unit? I know with the DICE or the other one you get to use steering wheel controls, etc, but you have the character limit. Which one has a limit of 16 characters, and which one is only 10? And can you show just one station on the screen full-size, or does it always have to be the 6 different stations?