1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud new Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marty6strings, Oct 9, 2005.

1. marty6strings

marty6strings Junior Member

Well, it's all tucked away in the garage and I have to work at not going down and getting in it and playing - but I've got a question - in the owners manual it talks about controls for the auto anti-glare inside rear view mirror and in the image it looks like they're on the mirror itself. I'm wondering if that's only available on a package other than the one I have (#4 AM) - anybody?
    Can't tell you how glad I am to have this forum - especially with the extended warranty. The finance manager asked me if I wanted it and I told him I'd buy it later and he just kept going on about the benefits. Then to shut him up I told him I wasn't going to pay for any mark-up on it and he said, "What do you want to pay for it?" I said, "Cost, $985." and his mouth opened a bit and then I quickly added that I didn't want to finance the cost of it also - so that he could gracefully shut up and complete the transaction.
    I'm fortunate - I put my deposit down 4 weeks ago and I had another buyer drop-out who wanted the EXACT car I wanted - so I got it. YES!
    Thanks again,
    Marty Dolciamore
    Ben Lomond CA (near Santa Cruz)

2. endoildependency

endoildependency New Member

Congratulations!

Apparently you haven't read inside the back cover of the Owner's Manual, to wit:

"You have unlimited visitation rights with your Prius. Go play with it."

:rolleyes:

3. mypriusiscute

mypriusiscute New Member

'finance manager asked me if I wanted it and I told him I'd buy it later and he just kept going on about the benefits. Then to shut him up I told him I wasn't going to pay for any mark-up on it and he said, "What do you want to pay for it?"

lol good job when i was buying mine the sales person would not shut up about aerodynamics! i come to www.priuschat.com of course i know about the aerodynamis of the car!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Marty! Your Package 4 (AM) includes:
    • Intermittent Rear Window Wiper,
    • Driver & front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and front & rear side curtain airbags,
    • Smart Keyless Entry System,
    • Vehicle Stability Control,
    • Front foglamps,
    • HID headlamps(AM)
    So it doesn't include the electrochromic rear-view mirror.

5. marty6strings

marty6strings Junior Member

Thanks for the quick info, Bill.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You're welcome, Marty. I believe someone installed an electrochromic rear-view mirror in a model that didn't have one, but it wasn't that easy. The hard part was getting the right switched power up to the top-center of the windshield.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

One thing that might make an aftermarket installation easier is to break out the wiring harness and thread only the ACC/Ig-On wire through the headliner and pillars. The B+ and ground can be taken from the overhead console. Doing this will be less obstructive to the side airbags.

8. taaustin

taaustin New Member

The elechtrochromic mirror is one of my favorite gadgets... it's easy to recognize.

Three buttons on the left bottom edge are HomeLink (trainable, garage door opener) controls. A fourth button to the right of center is the on/off toggle for the 'auto-dim' electrochromic function. If you don't have all of these buttons along the bottom you don't have this mirror.

Hope this helps,

Terry

9. Hatfield

Hatfield New Member

Interesting. I personally don't care for it. It takes too long to respond, and really, I'd be perfectly happy with an old-fashioned flip-type day/night mirror. I guess there's something for everyone. :)

I don't care much for automatic air conditioning, either. Call me a luddite, but I pine for the days where you had a lever that was "blue" in one direction and "red" in the other. On every car I've ever owned with Auto-AC, it was always trying to outsmart me in a way I found annoying.

10. n10city

n10city New Member

Just got my 2006 Prius yesterday, with package 5. Still getting use to it and been able to program the my garage door opener with it. It's a Genie Intellicode Screw Drive opener. It's just so darn cold I hate opening the garage door while I'm screwing around trying to get this programmed. Didn't work the first time, so I'm hoping for a little warmer day, something above 33 degrees since my water heater and pipes are out in the garage.

Enuff talk about the darn opener. The car is great and we love the extra features aove what we had intended on getting with package 4.