1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud Owner of 2022 Prime Upgrade w/Tech

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by prius_primus, Aug 23, 2021.

1. prius_primus

prius_primus New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    6141D93E-2835-4FC8-BAB7-527112AE0D1A.jpeg Picked up my brand new 2022 Prius Prime Upgrade with Tech package today from the local dealership. Sales rep said I was one of the first few customers to get their hands on it, which is pretty cool! Started off with a 2005 Matrix, then upgraded to a 2015 Corolla, and now a Prius!

Biggest factors that pushed me to a Prius Prime were the selling prices of used vehicles (on top of Toyota’s excellent retention value), the 44km battery range, and the safety features. My commute to work is 65km (80% is highway driving) and I work 12, sometimes 16, hour shifts, which made the safety features a big plus for me.

Looking forward to a more comfortable, safe commute and learning lots from the community!

Edit: who do I need to DM in order to update the vehicle list when signing up? ;) I felt very special not being able to select a 2022 model!

Happy Dance, PtPri, dig4dirt and 4 others like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Done. I didn't realise the 2022s were in showrooms! You can update your profile now.

Congrats!!

3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your new PP. Enjoy. Yes, I like the midnight black look on PP. That is definitely the color I want if I decide to buy another (will be the 4th) PP. I can't see very well, but did they put new wheels (or hubcaps) on 2022, or is this Canadian model-specific? It looks different from my 2021 wheel cover.

prius_primus likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They're not wheel covers - they're actual machine-finished alloys with a grey painted centre (same one that launched with the European-spec PHV in 2017). It's also found on the regular Prius in Canada (top-of-the-line FWD Technology models). These alloys replaced the "alloy with aerodynamic wheel cover" for the 2021 model year for the Prime.

Salamander_King likes this.
  5. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is that only for the Canadian market? I am still seeing the same wheel cover on the US 2022 PP model pages. They do look cool. Are the 17" or 15"?

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For the Prime? Yes. For the regular Prius, no. If you get a 2022 Prius XLE or Limited with PCP, then you swap out the 17" for these 15s. (And on the flip side, the 17" are no longer available in Canada.... since 2020 when the Touring was removed and replaced with the AWD-e)

They're 15" (Same as the regular Prius).

Edit: I also just realised that most Canadian spec 2022 Prii no longer have built-in nav. Only the AWD-e with Technology Package with the 11.6" screen has nav; they just removed the nav from the 7" models on all other Prii trim levels)

prius_primus and Salamander_King like this.
  7. prius_primus

prius_primus New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Thank you kind sir! So far +1000kms on it and only used up 1/3 tank of gas. Incredible!

I have half a regret when it came to this car - and that was black looks super good on a PP, but it's very hard to keep clean. Other owners of PPs in Classic Silver Metallic note that dirt is easier to hide, so I might try that out next round.

#7 prius_primus, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2021
  8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's fantastic! I have a shorter commute (no highway) so my gas usage is practically 1/2 to 1 tank a year lol. (Unless I go on a road trip)

9. Salamander_King

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I have heard about black being a pain to keep it clean. I have never owned a pure black car before, so I don't know. My current PP is Titanium Glow which is a bit too light of color for me. My previous two PPs were Magnetic Gray. That color was easier to maintain and it was almost black. I did like that color.

prius_primus likes this.
  10. prius_primus

prius_primus New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Upgrade
    Unfortunately my commute one way is 65kms, and I don't always have access to charging at work, so while not as efficient as 1 tank of gas per year, I look forward to 1 tank a month as opposed to my typical 5 or 6. Woot!

Happy Dance and Tideland Prius like this.
  11. DukeofPrime

DukeofPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    And it is a small tank, too.