1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud owner of a new 12' Hycam!! Thank you Scott Clark Toyota

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Rhizzlebop, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Saturday was signing day. I went up saturday afternoon and took delivery of my new LOADED Hycam in Cosmic Mica Grey with Tan ultrasuede leather! I have every option possible on this car except remote start.
    Its a really great car and fun to drive, nice, quiet, solid feeling!

We are very happy with the purchase.

I KNOW this is the V forum, but its just so dead over on the Hycam forums that I wanted to share our purchase with a community of live souls here!

Attached Files:

DianneWhitmire and PriusCamper like this.
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I was seriously looking for one of the new Camry Hybrids but at the time the supply was close to non-existent and the dealers were all "stealers" when talking price. Plus the first units were all fully loaded bringing the price into the mid and high thirties. However I did drive a couple of the hydrid XLEs and agree that the power, ride and almost dead quiet is something new in the Camry line. Compares to the best in any car. I bought a V instead, partially for price but also for improved driving qualities compared to the older Prii.

3. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    :D I like how you are holding the car almost as tight as you are holding your girl!

Congrats on a great purchase!

4. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome abord to Toyota owner. Enjoy your new toy. It will for sure gives you many years of trouble free, happiness, money saving...experience.:)

5. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Camry LE+ models are now as dead silence as Lexus. All the silent goodies(Industral secret) of Lexus had applied to the Camrys.

6. Reedja42

Reedja42 2012 Prius, Gen III, Barcelona Red, (FRED)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sharp looking car! Congratulations.(y)

7. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys!
    Yea, I'm latched onto her, AND the car. LOL
    I got a great deal, but still at 32K, thats a lot for a car in my book.

I wanted the tan leather, it looks so nice. Me and my lady liked the red, white, and she liked the regular grey.
    Regular grey can't have tan leather as an option. So we discovered this darker grey (with hints of blue in bright sun lght) and we were sold.
    Found one for me on the way across the ocean, and picked it up with 5 miles.

It has Premium Nav, moonroof, ultrasuede, the works....
    The premium nav does more than provide a bigger screen.
    Its easier to see and I have bad eyes so it helps a lot as its a higher res, not just larger.
    When navigating on the highway, it tracks the next 3 exits and what is off those exits, and constantly updates and monitors the distance to each. As one passes, another rolls onto the list.

I can pull up xm fuel prices which may prove useful later.
    I was torn about sacrificing a tad of fueld economy for the nicer look of the XLE, but I think it'll be worth it to me as its a really sharp stylish car. Its still hard to think this kind of cash for a Camry? But, theres a lot going on in there. A Lexus loaded to the top like that would be probably 47K which is nuts.

I believe the Toyota brand will not let me down. Its amazing how the hybrid system MAKES you WANT to drive better!

So far, two days driving to work and the computer says 41.5. I'll see in a week or so what it really is getting.
    This is of course will full AC blasting every second of the way in the 100 degree temps here.
    Anyone able to comment whether I should expect an increase in economy after a couple K miles of breakin?

8. runukraine

runukraine New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Great looking car... Congratulations

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done! we have an 08 and if your experience is anything like ours has been, you'll love it! we paid 25k, but i think all the improvements are well worth the extra money. all the best!

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! Cosmic Grey Mica is a fantastic colour! Green, blue, black, it can be all colours in one day!

11. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The "full" tank provided by the dealer may be a bit short so it most likely may be your worst tank in that climate.

The break-in period is more applicable to the driver than the car.

The AC in the Prius can blast. You don't need an Arctic blast to cool down the car. Blow the hot air out of the vents then set the AC to auto, recirculate, a relatively high temp like 80F, and point the vents at you.

She's a cutie. And the girl's not bad either.

Enjoy.

12. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just traded my 07 TCH for my V last Friday. Actually had traded it in 5 weeks before, had to wait 5 weeks for mine to arrive from Japan. Dealer gave me 2 different regular Camry models over the 5 weeks to drive. 2012 LE then 2012 SE. Only ran up 3580 miles in 5 weeks. (Ha, drove them everywhere, even on vacation 500+ miles away while waiting!) The newer Camry is better on mpg than my 07 was however it was a great first Hybrid car to break me in. It was my wife's 06 Prius getting 45+ mpg that sold me on the Prius line. The V and it's cargo space on the same wheel base as the Camry was the final deciding factor.

Hope you enjoy the TCH for some years but most likely you will be back. :)

13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you saying the new regular camry gets better mpg's than your 07 hybrid ever did?o_O

14. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It was pretty impressive. Both where only the non-hybrid 4 cylinder models. I was getting 29 combined. 35 on the interstate. My 07 TCH was getting 37 on it's best days. I was avg 35 combined. The newer 12 TCH I believe is supposed to get 40 mpg combined.