1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PSA: If your SKS doesn't work . . .

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigj3347, May 31, 2007.

1. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So I was running a little late to Champions on Ice at the Honda Center in Anaheim last weekend when I parked and quickly exited the car. The sun was shining bright so I couldn't see that my MFD was still on and my car didn't power down. I thought I pressed the power button but i guess in my rush, i didn't press it down fully so my car never turned off.

Anyways, the SKS wouldn't work, i tried all three black buttons, the driver side, passenger side and trunk. The car wouldn't lock. I pulled out my keys and tried to remotely lock and it wouldn't lock either. In my hurry, I just used the manual key to lock it and leave assuming my keys battery just died.

Well,you can imagine how surprised i was when i got back three hours later to find that my car was on the whole time.

As a PSA, if your SKS isn't working, don't assume the battery is dead. Check to make sure your car is already powered down first.

Fortunately, i think i just wasted some gas and did no serious damage.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigj3347 @ May 31 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]452669[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, the Prius can stay on for hours at idle without any damage. I believe the only time you'll be "inconvenienced" is if it runs the tank dry. What did that do to the mpg for the tank?

3. saechaka

saechaka Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 31 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]452945[/snapback]</div>
    me and the wife spent about 8hrs sleeping in the prius when we lost power. I think the mpg went from 46mpg to 42mpg or around 2blips which doesn't mean much with this car. it didn't seem like it used much gas. I'm thinking 1 or 2 gallons with temp set at 74 during that freakin coldass week

4. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 31 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]452945[/snapback]</div>
    I was already towards the end of my tank so i only dropped from 45.6 to like 45.2. Still, i went straight to the pump because my oil gauge was already blinking when i parked the car.