1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PSA on heated seat lights

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by MNdriver, Dec 21, 2017.

1. MNdriver

MNdriver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just learned something and thought I'd mention it in case I'm not the only one surprised by this feature.

This morning on my drive in I noticed that there were 2 separate lights lit down in that awkward spot where you turn on the heated seat. I just took at look at that lengthy manual and discovered that the 2nd light is to alert you that the passenger seat heater is also turned on.

OK, slightly more handy than contorting to see the passenger seat light from the driver's seat.

amberlea and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am keeping my passenger seat heater off. That person must suffer so I can save energy. They can have a lap blanket but not plug it in. Ba humbug.

enerjazz and Mark57 like this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I noticed that light too after someone in the passenger seat had turned on the heat. Only thing is, if it is left on when noone sitting on the passenger seat, I can't reach the switch to turn it off while driving. I just know it is on and wasting valuable battery energy.:(

#3 Salamander_King, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  4. CraigM

CraigM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What was Toyota thinking when they placed the seat heater switches in that location? My BEV Fiat 500e has big switches on the dashboard within easy reach.

I admit I haven’t felt the pressing need for the seat heaters (yet) because the Prime’s heat pump is so effective I’ve been just using cabin heat set at 62 degrees. The Fiat 500e uses resistive heating that blows HOT air in just seconds, but sucked down the battery. So I used the seat heaters instead of the cabin heat.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have never seen toyota put the switches in a decent location, it's maddening!:mad:

jtv likes this.