1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PSP connection to the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Virodeath, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was only able to find one mention of a PSP connection to a Prius back in 2004, was wondering if anyone came up with options for connecting a PSP to the Prius.

I would like to somehow listen to my toons from my PSP but the UHF broadcaster doesn't seem to be a quality sound option. Also thinking of a way of hooking it into a large display for my kids to watch movies while driving.

Thoughts?

Viro

2. KDOG

KDOG The Once and Future King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  4. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Actually I just searched PSP again and don't get any results for the link above thru the site search engine. I only got the link I mentioned from 2004 from doing a goggle search.

I am quite aware of what a search engine is for and to use it before asking for help. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the above thread and I am sorry I took precious minutes out of your day with a request for help.

I remember back when forums were started people just offered to help to be helpful regardless of how many times people asked (except for really stupid questions (i.e. how do I turn the car on, there is no key, or the engine died when I came to a stop, is the car broke?)).

I guess now there is only time for sarcasm in this world that seemingly is getting more and more pissed off by the day.

Viro

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm not sure how you searched, but google does a much better job than the built-in search tool. I'd try that the next time.

Tom

6. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Okay.., PSP is old school, what I need is help hooking up my Wii to the MFD.
    Imagine at work, lunchtime in your car trying to perfect that elusive bowling strike.

Anybody?

ZC1

7. KDOG

KDOG The Once and Future King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Relax. Breathe. Notice the smiley in my post above. I didn't mind pointing you in the right direction at all, and I'm always happy to help people if I can. I just prefer to do it with a little humor and sarcasm. It's how I roll. :car:

8. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry, it's just no matter where I go anymore and have trouble finding an answer first thing I ALWAYS see is "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION" like I wasn't smart enough to figure that out.

When I saw that it just tweaked me the right way and the day was starting off bad as it was. So sorry about that.

Reason I am wanting info. is yes the PSP is old school but it is very small has 16gb memory chips now, plays UMD which you can get at Gamestop on sale for $4.99, has a composite/component output and does more than just play music.

Also I am planning on hooking it up to a 19"ish monitor on a special arm for rear viewing with some kind of quick release connection for easy removal & storage (things I do for kids). Using this for the video conversion (http://www.x2vga.com).

With monitor prices where they are it is a cheaper alternative than buying these mini screens IMO.

Still trying to get my mind around the project in regards to what I will need.

Thanks again and sorry I snapped at you.

Viro