1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pssenger-side windshield washer...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rogerSC, May 20, 2008.

1. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

I notice that when I use my windshield washer, there is no washer fluid sprayed onto the right side of the passenger side windshield. I think that there used to be at least some fluid sprayed on over there...I assume that the sprayer nozzle is clogged, or maybe there is another problem, like insufficient pressure, or maybe a combination of problems.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it. Like how to unclog the spray nozzles without damaging them?

Thanks for any ideas here.

-Roger

2. ryanmorley

ryanmorley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Insert a sewing needle into the holes... move it around a bit.

I've only had my prius a month so I haven't needed to do this yet... but it has worked with several other cars.

3. ryanmorley

ryanmorley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The Prius manual says not to do what I recommended... but offers no alternatives. I still say go for it with a sewing needle.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Assuming that its wax or dirt clogging the nozzle, I would try using a soft bristle brush, like an old toothbrush to dry to dislodge whatever is stuck in the nozzle. I would only try a needle as a last resort because you are likely to distort the opening which is why they recommend against it in the manual.

5. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    On my Camry I found a couple of little pieces of plastic flashing plugging the hole.