1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Psychology of owning an SUV with higher gas prices

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bill Lumbergh, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was driving my other car today (WRX) en route to get some killer chinese food. After negotiating the necessary detours, I flipped on my turn signal and decelerated while downshifting for the turn-in to the restaurant. As I was about to turn, the Explorer riding my tail flipped on his high beams (in broad daylight) like I was doing something wrong.

This got me thinking. Could the stress of having to pay a fortune to drive their SUVs be pushing these people to the limit? SUV drivers are bad enough. Bad SUV drivers are worse. ANGRY SUV drivers are dangerous.

At price do people start getting militant about their right to drive what they want?

2. wstander

wstander New Member

Gee, I got tailgated even when I had a van; It is a 'me first mentality' ....

Possibly, the SUV just wanted to say 'hi'...;_P

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yprobably caused him to slow down, hence using up his brake pads and thus reducing HIS fuel economy cause he has to FLOOR the accelerator to get up to "speed". hehehehe.