1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Public apology to my 2002 Prius

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Londonderry, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Londonderry

Londonderry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I never realized how much power and performance you gave me until shopping for an SUV this year. Tesla Model X felt familiar during the test drives I took because the 90 KWh had the same feel with acceleration. Available hybrid vehicles did not meet my needs. Vehicles with just an ICE lacked power. Then I drove the Jaguar F-Pace! Wow! A ride I can enjoy for the foreseeable future! I bought the 2017 Jag this week and I think some of the driving style I acquired during 15 years with my Prius will help me get better than 20 mpg with the Jag. On the other hand, acceleration to get into traffic on an interstate, etc., might kill my gas mileage. However, I inherited some stock in Exxon-Mobile from my father ... might as well support one of my holdings when I drive! I am looking forward to the hybrid F-Pace arriving on our shores and will enjoy my current Jag until then.

2. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Jag? Really? Huh! I bought a Porsche Boxster yesterday. A real fixer upper, it's what I do. Got my first "Nice Car" comment today, tho.

I never thought of my Prius's as slow, my other rig is an old V8 Dodge 4wd truck.. IT'S SLOW!

3. Londonderry

Londonderry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    RE: I never thought of my Prius's as slow, my other rig is an old V8 Dodge 4wd truck.. IT'S SLOW![/QUOTE]

My first car was a Dodge Coronet 440 R T. It just seemed to settle down and cruise nicely when going 110 mph!