1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Publications and Articles

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by dreichla, Mar 13, 2005.

1. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I just received my copy of Organic Style. Under the column "Fresh Thinking Currents" the article "Big News on Campus" talks about a movement by some universities to provide more eco-friendly choices to the students.

The basic premise is some universities are offering extensive organic meal programs, aggressive recycling programs, use of certified sustainable wood products and green energy programs. There's even mention of the Zipcar program. I did a quick check on their website and found out that the Prius is one of the cars they offer.

The article states "In fact, 91 percent of people ages 16 to 25 say the environment is important to them, according to a poll by Look Look, Inc. . . ."

It's good to see a movement such as this may be taking hold on the next generation of our decision makers. As I've read before under these forums, buying a Prius is just a part of a responsible approach to the environment. Making responsible lifestyle choices can really make the difference!