1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pulse and glide victory for a C!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by jennymarie417, Oct 2, 2016.

1. jennymarie417

jennymarie417 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    FINALLY got a glide that lasted more then like 0.01 seconds! I am so proud of myself! Still gotta work at maintaining it but it's a start.

Seems like I really got to be around or exactly at 42 mph to achieve it since the C stays in EV at such fast speeds as it is. Anyone know if the c let's you go faster before going into a glide or are you still limited to the max of 42 like the standard prius?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!(y)

3. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats too. A bit more insight to help you achieve your finest mileage. I often get 67mpg. It is low by some standards and it happens without my even thinking about it.

Pulse and glide does not rely on use of EV but I do indeed like those runs without combustion. Pulse and glide can be done at any sustainable speed roadway and at any speed. I pull my car up to high speed and ease up on the gas pedal. The car keeps going, the engine is not, and the mpg number goes up. Use the Eco Score arc display.

The sweet spot of adding gas to maintain and then easing up again is the action to use. Just a small press to keep the speed, lightly. A light foot.

Then when on streets the EV kicks in at about the maximum of 40 so long as the battery is charged well enough.

Regen: Brake slowly and often. Use B gear which actually promotes battery charge. Braking yeah but also conservation of energy.

Happy Driving.