1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'Pulstar' spark plugs....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cliff Archie, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Cliff Archie

Cliff Archie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    anyone try these yet?...they claim to provide a 6% increase in fuel economy for a Prius....

2005 Toyota Prius

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Don't bother. The tests were not very scientific, and the OEM plugs do just fine.

Tom

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rubbish. That would imply that without this magical sparkplug 6% of the fuel was going out the tailpipe. It would never pass an emissions test.

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is one of those things where theoretically it sounds like it would work. The thing is that the amount of spark would be the same. The ignition coils that are already installed on the plug already "pulse" they don't provide a steady stream of energy therefore the spark plug wouldn't ever have a chance to store this energy for that burst that it refers to.

I would think that you could get a slight benefit by upgrading the coils to some that convert the 12volts to have a higher peak voltage, but the results would probably be minimal especially if it increased heat, etc....

5. SyCo

SyCo Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    a bit more information here where I started a new thread about these plugs.

Pulse Plugs Make Prius Greener and Faster?

p.s. I did a search before making a new thread but I did not find this one. Maybe it took a bit too long for me to create mine... oh well:rolleyes: