1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PuppyBowl III

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For those of us not Superbowl inclined, no, not even for the commericals there is PuppyBowl III on Animal Planet.

A large "arena" with turf, lines, etc is set up and puppies are released. There is a "bowl cam" that is basically an acrylic water bowl with a camera in the bottom to take pictures of them when they drink. There are toys to play with but mostly they play with each other. Occasionally there is a 'first down' and a "ref" comes to clean up the "drop".

At half time they bring out a little platform with tinsel, tassels, balls, etc and they release the kittens to play for about 20 min. Then they're taken off and the puppies are brought back in.

They even have "players stat" with name, breed, age, etc. I think you can even vote for MVP. Most valuable puppy.

I love it. This will be my third year watching it. The first year it was only 90 min but last year it was a full 2 hours. I can't wait to see the improvements to this year.

I'm going to Animal Planet right now to check out this year's players.

(BTW when PB III isn't on, I'm watching the Monk marathon on USA. Nope, not into sports at all.)

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For those that insisted on watching the Superbowl, you can still catch the Puppybowl. Looks like they'll be repeating it from 3 pm to 11 pm ET/PT all night.

Looks like they've added a 'tail' gate party this year.

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay, you have a chance to watch it or tape it at 6 pm, 9 pm and midnight.

Puppybowl III

I really liked Larry as MVP but I voted for an underdog: Bess.

5. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Feb 4 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]385330[/snapback]</div>
    Can I still vote for last year's Shiba Inu?

I hate football, but do love the Puppy Bowl. Does that make me unpatriotic? I'm against the war, too!

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry, no voting for last year's players.

But you can help Kenzie get a date with Barney.

My Date with Barney

7. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had heard about this and flipped over to watch and was hooked. Who knew that watching puppies play could be so entrancing? And I really loved when the refs came out to pick up the poo. What a crack up! Oh yeah... and loved the water bowl cam too.

8. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD New Member

We watched it for a bit today. It was entertaining. "Time out for more water."