1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchased a stack of paper for 32K

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PoloGQ, Jun 6, 2008.

1. PoloGQ

PoloGQ New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well I just purchased my 1224 with package two...kind of. One dealer was selling for 4K over sticker. Another want to charge sticker for 3 used with 20k miles or more on them from the rental car agency.

Finally waited in line at another dealer at 7am to try to buy one of 16 that were allocated. Was able to choose a grey one with package 2. After taking care of all the financing I left the lot with a fat envelope full of paper and a promise that "your car should be in by the end of the month or early July"

Who would have thought!?:eek:

2. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome. Congrats on your purchase!

Crazy the demand and wait for Prii right now.
    Guess I got lucky grabbing the one I wanted same day I walked on the lot. PHEW

Well, now you have research time on PC while you anxiously wait with your expensive stack of paper. :)
    --soon that paper will transform into the best car ever!!!!

3. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you paid $32,000 for a new 2008 pkg. 2? that is crazy, if you want it you really want it.

4. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think there are factors beyond sticker price that affect final purchase price, like financing interest rate, extended warranty, gap coverage, etc.

Prices everywhere continue to climb. Respect the financial step taken here(even if it's more than your used to). For some, a new Prii is a first very big deal.
    Congratulate, don't hate. :)