1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchased brand new 2013 v (lowercase v for the Prius v) Five

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by brUKEman, Dec 27, 2014.

1. brUKEman

brUKEman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just purchased a brand new 2013 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v) Five off the showroom floor with basically no miles. Since the car is 2 years old should the dealer be changing the oil or anything or is the original ok. They said they would check everything out and I do have a new car warranty with it so it should be ok. Anything else I should be looking for or aware of.

Thanks to you all for providing a great informative forum.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much do you save buying a new 2 year old car? If anything needs attention, it would be the 12v battery. You still get the free Toyota care for 2 years. Just have the dealer do the oil change early.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Check the front door pillar at the locking lug for the date of manufacture.

Two year old oil in an unused care is basically NEW. Oil doesn't deteriorate unless it is used in a car that has been driven.

If the car has never been registered or titled, it is considered a NEW car, and the warranty period starts when it is driven out by the new owner.

I'd just enjoy the car, since I'm almost sure that you got a good deal on the price.

4. brUKEman

brUKEman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The reason I went with this car was that I wanted the advanced technology package and the prices on the new ones were a few thousand dollars more. I was able to the the 2013 v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) - for about the same price as a 2014 v three. The v five has all the bells and whistles including the sunroof/ 7"navigation system/ PCS etc. The dealer threw in a 3 year service and maintenance warranty.