1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchased Prius II yesterday

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by asdocktor, Sep 5, 2010.

1. asdocktor

asdocktor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, my father and I went to Toyota 2x to purchase the Prius. We beat them up as much as possible. I drove off lot with Pearl white, 2010, for 21,200.00 plus tax, tag. PRius II with floor mats, keyless entry, etc. toyo guard, cd, etc. Base.

I purchase an extended warranty as well. I drive 25,000 miles a year, figure id need it and they lowered my interest rate from 4.6 to 3.9 and that saved mne additional money, so ipicked up thewarranty 100,000 bumper to bumper.

I was looking to keep payments low. I opted for the II. All the bells and whistles were not asolutely necessary. I went back today an they did the tint with the strip for 159.00. As I was there spoke to the servic manager, and looks like only $1050 wil get leathr seats installed made to fit. The sales office wanted $1500 for that. Ill do the seats down the road.

Only other thing that woul be great would be some ims like17's but I'm sure thats goign to defeat the purpose of getting the car in the first place which was for the great mpg.

Thanks see ya around.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and about time too!:rockon::welcome:

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great choice! Welcome to the club.

4. asdocktor

asdocktor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks.

I forgot to mention, they gave me2 freefill ups from BP, although I hate BP, ill take it.

Can't wait to see my mpg, I can only tell after my first tank of gas right? Stupid question,but I take my total mileage for the tank and then divide it by the gallons that i pumped right?

It is currently blinking at 1 bar, Ifigured a car this advanced would tell me how many miles left untill im walking wth a gas can.

I try and just use Eco mode all the time,butim sure that will change when im driving on the highway in miami, ha.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you drive a lot, that gotta be highway miles. There isn't much to break in 100k miles for the Prius. I would put that extended warranty money into the leather seats. :)

6. asdocktor

asdocktor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I know,I want leather seats,at service the manager can get my seats wrapped for $1050.

Do you think the extended warranty is really a waste?

I do highway and city driving, I do appointments all day around, i could do a total of 50-150 miles in a day..

Im not driving from work to home.

7. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :welcome: Nice color choice! :)

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Extended warranty is basically an insurance. Never buy insurance for something you can afford to cover yourself. When the time comes to actually do the repair, you have the cash (instead of the dealer) and you make the calls and you pick where and what gets fixed. There will not be any exclusion in the coverage neither. Cash is the best insurance because it covers everything.

I would not say it is a waste of money. If you dont feel safe insuring yourself for the already extremely reliable car, pay someone else to make you feel safer. That is the bottom line IMHO. Either ways, it comes out of your pocket.

9. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do a search on here, there is a company that sells leather seat covers for $450.00, and they look awesome! I think there are a couple people here who have them on their 2010s.

Also, there is a member here who sells the Toyota 7 yr/100K mile warranty for $1055.00. I was sold a 6 yr/100K by my dealer for $1200, I cancelled it and purchased the Toyota Warranty sold here! Depending on what you paid for your warranty, you may be able to recoup half the cost of the leather seat covers!

1 person likes this.
  10. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My MPG's were acurate right out of the dealer lot. I checked it with a couple tanks, but find that my Prius' onboard MPG guage is accurate. I, too would have put the extended warranty money into some other option such as THE BANK!

Welcome to Prius World.

tom

11. Colonel Ronson

Colonel Ronson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome! Take my advice and forgo the extended warranty. This is a toyota you're buying. #1 in reliability. The chances of anything breaking in your car is extremely slim. And yes, forget the 17s lol. And if anything does break in your car, i doubt it will cost more than the $1500+ you'd spent on the warranty. Hybrid components are covered to 100,000 miles unless youre in CA, then its 150,000 miles. Besides the hybrid system, theres nothing else in the car that could possibly break, warranty wise at least.

I have a Prius II as well, and guess at this time of the year you can get better prices. I thought i got a bargain at 21650 2 months ago but i guess not! I'd upgrade the stereo, its very simple to do DIY.

12. asdocktor

asdocktor New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think I'll forgo the warranty.

How do I upgrade the sound system? I don't relly listen to that much music though

Who is the person that does the leather here? BTW the dealer was going to getleather wrapped and installed fo $1050. Thy are mde to fit. I can't do it myself.

Also when Iput a new tank of gas, I reset trip A? Looks like I averaged 43.5 mpg first tank. I'm averaging right not 51 mpg per display. Learning hw to drie it better.

This sit is very helpfull.

I am going to take the dorky hubcaps off,hould Ibuy the centercaps at toyo for $100?