1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchasing a RAV4 EV

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Wildkow, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK I have an opportunity to purchase a RAV4 EV as the lease expires in Oct. 07. I need help as to the best steps and sites to peruse for info to make this come about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Specifically my question involves the steps of how to get it out of Toyota's or the Dealers hands and into mine after the lease expires.

Wildkow

p.s. I believe it has around 12K miles. :D

2. itsme

itsme New Member

If price is affordable, Id BUY it.

had a Ranger EV1 when first came out in late nineties.. leased it for 3 yrs.
    wish we could have kept it. It ended up getting crushed.

a good movie to see is " Who Killed the Electric Car"

good luck in the RAV4 EV

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 12 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]404553[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, looked that over and already found some good links, Thanks much.

Wildkow

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 12 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]404397[/snapback]</div>
    I've already TRIED to get one away from the Irvine CA Dealer, when the city of Huntington Beach turned in their small, but entire FLEET. Corporate (in so many words) told Irvine Toyota Dealereship to tell prospective buyers to take a hike ... that the returned cars will absolutely positively (whether botique fleets or bigger fleets) NOT be made available to any buyers ... at any price. EVEN if I bought 5 other brand new cars ... they said, "corporate says NO". Thus, good luck.