1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchasing Today - Fair Price?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Zaxxon, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Zaxxon

Zaxxon New Member

I'm fairly sure I'm getting a decent deal here, but thought I'd post it before we run to the dealership today to purchase.

This is on a 2007 Magnetic Gray Metallic Prius w/ Package 3 and the floor mat/hatch luggage mat. The car came off the truck yesterday, and has 10 dealer miles and the rest driven by me in a test drive.

MSRP is $25549.00, the offer is $24588.00 ($961 off MSRP), with a pretty solid trade-in valuation on my 1998 Olds Intrigue. No doc fees or other crap.

2. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The price doesn't sound bad to me, but, hey, I bought in a time there were no discounts and considered myself lucky to get it for MSRP with no markups and a $35 dealer fee for paperwork. I was always taught that with a trade-in it's the difference that matters. So if you know what your trade-in is worth and are happy with their valuation of it, go for it. Sometimes you can still haggle on accessories, like ask for a rear cargo net, or a couple of free oil changes (if you want to use their oil). Also ask for a free bottle of touch-up paint. Enjoy!

3. Zaxxon

Zaxxon New Member

Well, I bought it tonight. Kudos to Sky Estes and his team at Ed Martin Toyota in Anderson, IN for a very pleasant purchase experience.

4. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours. You are in the MW so don't be disappointed with your mpg for a while, since the car is new and cold weather has arrived. You might want to check out the threads on engine block heaters. I used to live in Ohio and the EBH would be one of my first accessories for winter.