1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pure EV's Available in Los Angeles?!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by vgan, Dec 12, 2006.

1. vgan

vgan New Member

Have you guys heard about these? I just saw this today and I'm pretty excited about the vehicles they're working on for 2008...

http://www.littleradioev.com/

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vgan @ Dec 12 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]361053[/snapback]</div>
    Heard of them, seen them, driven them. All depends on what you want them for. If you need an easy way to scoot around the neighborhood (think GEM) then these are a great alternative. If you're looking for a real car, keep looking. I'm all for EVs of course (duh) and if these fit your needs, then they'll be great at what they do. For me they would just replace my bicycle, and so would still be an environmental negative.

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I'm one of the people who just need an electric vehicle to get around town with. So getting a Gem was good enough for me and the cheapest way to go ALL electric. (Plus this was a way for me to get a truck without having to go buy a Toyota Tacoma for $20,000+) I love my Prius BUT also need a truck too!

To me I don't need to spend $40,000+ to get more than I would need. I'm just glad there is a variety of electric vehicles available so we can get what we need. If I ever feel I need a full size EV I will defiantly get one! But if your looking for a cheaper vehicle that you can possibly save money with these would be the vehicles you would want. Actually the Xebra is even better than the Gems cause they can go faster. And there about the same price. So I would defiantly check these out if your looking to go the cheapest electric vehicle route! (Why buy the cow when you just need the milk? ;) )

PS Bicyling is to much work for me! :unsure:

PSS That is my 2 cents and what I pay per mile in electricty B)

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There's also the Spyder from UEV in Thousand Oaks, CA ...

<div align="center">[​IMG]</div>

There's a You-Tube video of it on their website at http://www.universalelectricvehicle.com/spyder.html Its a little pricey at $69,000.

They just stared taking orders for them this past weekend at the alternative car show in Santa Monica. I don't know how many they signed up, but they are also working on a small three wheel commuter vehicle to be called the COM-V3 with a list price of $29,000.