1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purpose of Air Intake Reservour PN 17750-37010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by NoMoShocks, Mar 1, 2012.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anybody know what the reservour PN 17750-37010 attached to the Air Intake does?

It has three small ports between the reservour and the air intake. This part is very light as if their is nothing inside the box. I took it out to work underneath it, and of course, I put it back where it was.

Presumably, it uses the three ports between this reservour and the Air Intake to exchange Good Vibes with the air going into the air cleaner.

Attached Files:

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On most cars it is used to smooth out airflow and reduce intake noise.

Using intake systems with the box usually results in more noise and a sucking sound. In sme cases it also cause screwy MAF readings and cause my AFR to wander and in 2 cars the cars ran like hell or stopped altogether. lol

1 person likes this.
  3. Bob K.

Bob K. New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yes, smooths out flow, and it really quiets the intake down by cancelling out many frequencies. These parts are designed to hold a very specific amount of air volume to do this.