1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Putting am xm antenna under a fin

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kayemarschke2, May 9, 2007.

1. kayemarschke2

kayemarschke2 New Member

How does that work? Anyone who has done it let me know how?

2. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kayemarschke2 @ May 9 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]438537[/snapback]</div>
    hey kayamarschke2,

I did the same mod but, with the Sirius system. Make sure that you have a small enough satelite antenna that fits underneath the sharkfin.

You'll have to lower the rear of the headliner to unscrew the nut that secures the factory antenna in place. Once the nut is removed you can feed your satelite antenna thru making sure you feed the wire thru the nitch in the factory antenna's base. The nut has a matching nitch which you'll have to remove, so your satelite wire doesn't get kinked. Then put everything back together and run your wires, hook up your satelite system and your done.

Just remember when your ready to apply your sharkfin, mark your position with masking tape to ensure the perfect placement. That adhesive on the sharkfin can be hard to work with. I had to order an additional adhesive.

Good luck.

3. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Here is what I did. It took about 30 minutes to do the antenna under the sharkfin part and about an hour to do the behind the dash part. The second time I took the dash apart, it went much quicker though.