1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Qualified (experienced) installers for aftermarket stereo (San Diego)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Galahad999, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Galahad999

Galahad999 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2009 Prius w/ Navi and JBL speaker into which I’d like to install an aftermarket stereo (most likely the Pioneer 4400bh). There’s lots of good information on this forum about how to do that, but I personally wouldn’t know a head unit from a tail pipe, so I need to find a good installer to do it for me. I’m in the San Diego (Carlsbad) area.

Is there a list of installers who have experience installing stereos into JBL/NAV/Prius with great success? People who would say, “Yep, I know all about that” when you ask them if they are going to install the resistor(s) to ensure the climate control still works, or when you ask if they can deal with the antenna amplifier thing so that the AM radio still works, or when you ask if the steering wheel controls and NAV system will still work?

Getting it right sounds really hard me after reading PriusChat, so I believe people who can do this successfully are a rare/special breed.

Any advice is appreciated. I’m looking forward to controlling the playlists on my iPhone through my spiffy new double-din head unit in the very near future. :)