1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about 2013 Toyota Auris Touring Sports hybrid

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MagnusAG99, Aug 19, 2017.

1. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, my dad just bought a 2013 Auris touring sports hybrid, it drives great and all that, but its something im wondering about, its like anytime the engine is on low RPM, right when its about to stop. Like u know when u release the gasspedal, its like the whole car is shaking a bit, or when u force the engine to stay on at low RPM`s. i know its the engine. Im just wondering if the car doesnt get up to temperature or some, my prius and my moms prius doesnt do that, and from my understanding its the exact same engine and drivetrain. Any of u guys know why its doing that? it doesnt do it the first 3 minutes, then it starts shaking a little. Its like when the prius starts at winter, sometime sits like knock sounds and the whole engine shakes then stops after knocking like twice (even toyota have said that ssomething all priuses do so im not worried about that) but when it happens while driving im really starting to wonder, i can drive full throttle no problem, its not any problem with the acceleration.

(btw, its a touring sports, not active sport as it says in the title, cant change it)

#1 MagnusAG99, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    RCO likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe needs a tune up, how many km on her?

3. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    its on 260 000 i belive, its just been on service they say, and the hybrid battery is just changed out, i also checked the oil before we bought it and stuff to make sure it wasent any like loose metal pieces in there and stuff. Oil was like light brown and clear, i just keep thinking if it is the sparkplugs...

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could be, depending on how old they are. might be burning oil, maybe injectors. there are a lot of items on a prius engine that have no service schedule. throttle body, maf, egr, intake manifold, etc.
    is the air filter clean and tight? when was pcv changed?

5. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i dont think they have been changed for a long time, according to the service checkbooks we have of the car right now they havent been changed for a 100 000km.. which cant be possible. We r waiting for the whole service check book, u know from every year. i dont even know if the PCV is changeable? The EGR its on and looks nice, engine bay looks like its just washed and taken good care of also.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    not sure if the eu service schedule is similar to here. spark plugs are every 120,000 miles, and they last even longer in most cases.

7. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    then i guess its time to change them... 120 000 miles is like 60 000-70 000 km isnt it?, ill check on it tomorrow, i guess i should be able to see if theyre worn out. It really feels like its struggling on low RPM`s so

8. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just changed the spark plugs, it still does like shake whenever the engine gets shut off or gets in standby mode, but not as bad as it used to, it was like three times worse before. I'm really wondering what the hell it is... Is it supposed to do that?

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    shouldn't behave any differently than yours, but we don't get 'active sport hybrid' so, i'm not sure exactly how it should behave.
    i would still refer you to post #4. you have a lot of km on her, and it could be anything.

10. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    its been a taxi tho, and they r forced to have full service twice a year. I guess we should talk with toyota, we do got "6 month usedcar warrenty" adn the company we bought it from clearly said it was nothing wrong with it. The auris is much stiffer then the prius, and it just feels like it got more grip and more isolated and stuff.

bisco likes this.
  11. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    we just took it to toyota, we now suspect its either the O2 sensors or MAP-sensor, which makes sense, it goes good while its cold, then when its warm it start that shaking thing. The sparkplugs where all white aswell, so its clearly not getting enough fuel. So yea... we hope its the MAP-sensor in the intake

12. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    after the toyota dude drove the car he found out it was the EGR actually, it was blocked off. Never cleaned apparently... so now it runs perfectly, they also did a service on it and flushed the gearbox

RCO and bisco like this.
  13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oh, like the third recommendation here?:p

RCO likes this.
  14. MagnusAG99

MagnusAG99 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yeaaaaaa.... lol, it was also the sparkplugs tho, lol, so yea.. what they did was change oil, oil filter, flushed the gearbox, fixed the crankhouse ventilation cause it was some wrong there to, then they cleaned the EGR and changed a xenon bulb, lol. So yea. it works great now. But yea, the sparkplugs was a very good sign for them that it was the EGR tho, lol. Now its only left to change out the left mirror that doesnt automatically close anymore, change out the blinker glasses on both mirrors, change the bulbs to LED. And get the hood and front bumper repainted.

RCO likes this.