1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about aftermarket headunits to match Prius dashboard

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by HeinzCatSoup, Jun 30, 2014.

1. HeinzCatSoup

HeinzCatSoup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase an aftermarket headunit like this 8"Car DVD GPS Nav Radio Stereo Audio Bluetooth TV for Toyota Prius 2010 2012 | eBay

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my research awhile back, isn't there 2 different dashboard colors for the Gen III prius? Mine is a 2010, so I would need to find a headunit that matches my darker dash color surrounding the navi screen?

The stock images that these ebay sellers use is confusing, the main picture looks like a lighter color unit, but when you look at the description, it shows a darker color ??

2. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm also awaiting a response as I'm in the same boat. But, for $200+, I might order it and not worry too much about the color.

Ottonavi isn't selling one for the 2010 Prius any longer. Rosen is a little difficult to find and is in the $650 range.

I'll keep checking here and hopefully somebody knows.

Mike

3. HeinzCatSoup

HeinzCatSoup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I actually just ordered it too without getting a real answer. I messaged the seller and they just keep saying they'll get back to me about the color. $230 shipped so I thought eh what the heck.

4. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    wow $219 is a steal. My aftermarket head unit which does the same as the unit on ebay costed me $1100. Do review the unit once you have it installed!

5. putty

putty Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    good deal, I wonder what gps system your getting

6. Ralith

Ralith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was just going to post about this exact headunit for my 2010 prius III!

I looks like it DOES come with the canbus ? No idea what it is, but I've read I need it to turn on the JBL amp. Can anyone confirm that is all I need to get this to work with the JBL system?

Also, did anyone get the backup camera? Anyone have a video or post on how to install it? I've done a new headunit in my 2009 Corolla and loved it (until I totaled in 3 days later Q_Q )