1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Air Fuel Ratio Sensor

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by daley, Apr 17, 2024.

1. daley

daley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have another thread going about my misfiring JDM engine I recently installed but wanted to ask a more specific question here.

I downloaded an Ebay version of the wiring diagram and fault diagnosis manual and within it is a page for testing the air fuel ratio sensor, I added the page below.

When I test the two sensors I have, they both are within spec on the first test but show open loop for the second test listed on the chart.

Due to this not matching what the guide says I thought I might have found my fault, however when I test a brand new Denso one at the store it also gives OL for the reading.

Am I reading the test wrong? Did they update something with the sensor for later years? I also tested the 2010 part they had at the store which was a bosch and it also gives OL for the second test listed. What am I missing?

Attached Files:

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It says 10k ohm or higher. OL on a meter is higher. A better meter might read something in the megohms but all they are looking for is high resistance over 10k ohms.