1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

question about braking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by uwrasta, Nov 27, 2011.

1. uwrasta

uwrasta New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a used prius with 31000 miles about 1 week ago and I'm very happy with it. But!!! about 1 week ago I noticed that when I came to a rolling stop (from 10mph down to zero) at around 2mph the vehicle stability light would flash on, brakes would depress, and I would come to a booming stop (with a somewhat loud thud.) I also hear a high pitched metallic noise (not that loud.)
    the big problem is that it happens intermittently and the Toyota dealer says they can't find anything wrong. they've told me that it could just be my driving style but that's bs. when it occurs there is definitely something wrong. It will also seem as if the vehicle is tilting to the side (like on side is braking more than the other.)
    anyone ever have this happen or know what is wrong.

let me know kindly!!!!

rich

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    definitely something wrong. try another dealer. might be a computer issue. did you buy it from the dealer?

3. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This is something that happens every once and a while to me - it is just a bit of wheel slippage. Normally it will happen if the road is wet or you drive over somthing like a manhole cover. If it is happening more than infrequently I'd start by checking the tires - if original I'd guess it is time to replace them.