1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about LiquidAUX

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by alokeprasad, Dec 14, 2009.

1. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    LiquidAUX™ for iPhone and iPod - K33429US - Kensington

Do the buttons on the remote control duplicate the functionality of the buttons on the iPOD in the iPhone3Gs?

Play - Pause

Skip to next/previous song with a single press

Skip forward/back in the current song at high speed with sustained press

Aloke Prasad

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    yes, and there is a shuffle button on the bottom. I need to turn my nano 5G off and hit play on the remote for it to work. The remote works from any state on my iphone 3gs.

Its not the best solution, but it works, and you can switch and look at your ipod and use its controls.

3. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are there any similar products from other competing vendors?

On the surface, this appears to be a cheap alternative to the Toyota accessory with all the same functionality.

4. AussieDave

AussieDave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have one in my Itech with my 80gB Classic.

Could not find a comfortable spot to mount remote on wheel so I used some double sided tape to atttach it to the console next to the shift.

Initially placed the iPod in the little tray in the armrest. Found I needed to turn off the iPod on its control when switching off as I seemed to have a battery charging problem. With the frequent opening and closing of the armrest I started having trouble with the armrest catch so now I store the iPod in the cup holder and just slide the armrest back to access it.

Audio performance is good.

David

5. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the Classic and the Ipod Touch and the Classic will not charge with the LiquidAux. The iPod touch works just fine.
    Jim

6. AussieDave

AussieDave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for that, I will stop tearing out what is left of my hair.

Occasionally I see the light on the LiquidAux unit so I assumed it was charging.

David

7. pitterchi

pitterchi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have the LiquidAUX with my iPhone 3G.

Occasionally I get an "This Accessory Does not support your iPod" message and sometimes the remote doesn't work. Kensington tells me to disconnect for 3 min then reconnect. This is pretty unreasonable but the worse case scenerio is that you don't use the remote and just control the music through the iPhone.

Its pretty annoying but the other alternatives I know about (one by Griffin tech) has a 12v lighter based mount and that really sucks. (I have that too)

Link to Kensington KB:
    Kensington Products - iPod Accessories, Mice, Keyboards, Notebook Cases, Notebook Locks, Notebook Docks, and Mobile Power

8. AussieDave

AussieDave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I chose the LiquidAux and not the LiquidAux Deluxe as I always planned to set it up in the armrest. Same reasoning about the Griffin. The hardest part was locating the earth loop filter here in Aus but finally purchased one by eBay and waited for delivery from Hong Kong.

9. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is it a done deal that all LiquidAux users will need the ground loop isolator?

10. AussieDave

AussieDave New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From Kensington site

The problem you are experiencing is due to a grounding issue with your car's sound system and the power socket, not with your LiquidAUX product. A small device called a 'ground loop isolator' (click on Ground Loop Isolator.jpg file in section below) resolves this issue and eliminates the background whining or buzzing sounds. Some vehicles known to have this grounding issue are:
    Mazda 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna, Saab 93, and Hyundai Accent

I read this in my investigations and ordered one at the time I ordered my LiquidAux. It was delivered about a week after I got the car and started using the LiquidAux. In the week without it I did not notice any ground loop hum but as I had it I put it in anyway as it takes up very little room.

David

11. pitterchi

pitterchi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm not having any whining sounds when I use the LiquidAux. I don't have the ground loop isolator.

Its probably will depend how well grounded the stereo is. I guess I got lucky.

12. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have the ground loop, and don't need it. I'm guessing there was a problem with gen II and not gen III priuses