1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Magnetic Grey for 06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by acousticbiker, Oct 17, 2005.

1. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

I've seen the swatch for this color somewhere on this board but is there a current Toyota/Lexus that has it or a similar color?

Also, what is the latest on its availablity? Somewhere it has been mentioned that it won't be available until later in 06 or in 07. But in the most recent 06 pricing/package info from the San Jose dealer, it appears to be a color choice.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope, it's a brand new colour. The colour chart said 07 CY (calendar year). It might be a special edition colour. I wonder if Toyota's planning a 10th Anniversary Special Edition Prius in Magnetic Grey.

3. RonM

RonM New Member

According to the options list showed to me by Capitol Toyota on 10/10, Magnetic Gray is an option for color, but it will not be available until April 2006 (someone else posted that this was the manufacture date, and it would be even later for customer receipt).

Having said that, Capitol was more than willing to put me on the list for that color, should I have wanted it. I'd just have to wait longer. I opted not to do that.

4. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

i've decided that it's that dark grey/silver they make prii in japan. i don't know if it's true, but i've got every available appendage crossed. that color is just plain beautiful!

5. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

it is brand new color though, based on color code, I dont think it was available before. It should be one of the newer "mix" colors which has several coatings in different colors, making it look awesome...

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jade Green Mica? That's Tideland Pearl