1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about making a bluetooth call

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yarzy, Sep 10, 2006.

1. yarzy

yarzy New Member

ok,

So I understand that I can not make a call the normal way while driving and the only way I can call in route is my "dial by name". So, in order to listen to voicemail, I have created a voice tag for voicemail but is there a way to delete the messaged in route? Normally, I hit "7" to delete a message, etc but how can I do this driving? Do I just need to do it on the phone or is there another way?

Man, I really wish there was an override for the 2006, that is my only complain with the car....

2. jlchellman

jlchellman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yarzy @ Sep 10 2006, 08:17 PM) [snapback]317530[/snapback]</div>
    You have to just hit 7 on the phone keypad. That's the only way I've been able to bypass the touchpad on the screen that isn't functional until you stop.

3. dreichla

dreichla New Member

Check with Coastal Electronics to see if their "Lock Pick" products work with your 2006 (I haven't been there in quite some time.)

I have a 2005 and their older Bluetooth and NAV override mods which work perfectly, allowing full access all.

I done just what you want to do, by interracting with the voicemail system on the fly - using the onscreen keyboard to delete messages.

4. Blue-Adept

Blue-Adept Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    link to Costal http://www.coastaletech.com/DELUXE_LOCKPICK.htm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreichla @ Sep 11 2006, 06:49 AM) [snapback]317639[/snapback]</div>

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Unfortunately the Lockpick kit doesn't work with the 2006.

Another way is to cut the speed sensor wire and install a switch. When switched "off" the car is fooled into thinking it's stopped. This also allows you to see the MP3 files and the Message screen (on some FM stations) while moving. You have to switch it back as this wire also sends a signal to the 5-minute bars on the Consumption screen and the wheels of the Energy screen.