1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about miles vs km/h

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Brandvold, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Brandvold

Brandvold New Member

I live in Norway, and I am going to buy a Prius from USA and import it to Norway. My brother lives in the states, so he can find the car for me. I have everything ready, including sea-transport and so on.

However, I do have 2 questions I have not yet found a clear answer to. You see, the reason I am to import a car from the states is that I can sell it easily in Norway and make some money of it. This is possible due to the "cheap" USD recently, and extreme high prices in Norway. Not to mention months of waiting lists on new Prius-cars, and almost no used cars avalible.

Is it possible to change from mph to km/h, and fuel related information to litre? It would obviously be harder to sell a car with mph in Norway since we don't use miles and gallons.

I am also wondering about the radio/stereo in the car. I know some US car-radios "skip" even-numbered stations. Is this the case with the the radio/stereo in the Prius as well? This could be a problem ie. because some of the biggest and most "famous" radio stations in Norway (Oslo) are "even-numbered". FM102 for instance.

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance for any help in clearifying these issues.

2. Brandvold

Brandvold New Member

Bump, noone knows if it is possible to change it so that I can see km/h?

3. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brandvold @ Aug 3 2007, 06:06 AM) [snapback]489854[/snapback]</div>
    Yes you can change both the speedometer and the multifunction display to km/h and the fuel to km/l. I do not know about the FM radio stations.

4. skandale

skandale Member

From what I've read in posts here or at PriusOnline, you can change between KPH and MPH with a button under the MFD, but the odometer and the displays on the MFD are hard coded for MPG on a car sold in the US.

Check posts from fish_antler (or something like that) on PriusOnline.

EDIT: This is the tread http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t...&highlight=

Stein

5. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brandvold @ Aug 2 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]489535[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, you can easily change the speedometer readout to km/h, but the fuel quantity/liter issue is not so simple. Maybe a dealer could do it.

There's nothing wrong with your English...you should hear my Norweigan

6. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius