1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about mounting front license plate

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by truckinusa, Feb 8, 2024.

1. truckinusa

truckinusa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a decorative license plate (sports fan) I'd like to mount on the front of my 2021 Prius prime Limited. What is the best way to do that? I have a generic metal frame and plate. Do I need this part number called a Toyota 52114-47210 Bracket, Front Bumper Extension Mounting? What size screws do I need if this is not necessary? What size screws if it is necessary?

2. Diablo6vct

Diablo6vct New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Yes you do or it will scratch up the bumper. You can buy the license plate screws at walmart.

3. Mr.Vanvandenburg

Mr.Vanvandenburg Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You need the bracket part to fit on the bumper. Then your plate goes on the bracket, which is made in Japan and fits correctly. The bracket comes with the right screws to self tap into the bumper. There are dimples in the bumper matching the bracket holes. Place the screw point in the dimples and carefully thread in. No predrilling, and not too tight, according to Toyota. The screws are designed to self tap into the plastic bumper.
    Then it should be 6mm thread machine screws to hold your frame and plate on bracket.

Here are the instructions on page 6. I remember I didn’t drill any 11 mm holes for the license plate screws to go through. I used 6 mm screws that went into the captured nuts and no farther in to touch the bumper.
    https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10178779-9999.pdf

#3 Mr.Vanvandenburg, Apr 4, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    Doug McC likes this.