1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

question about my 06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by briantodd, Oct 1, 2015.

1. briantodd

briantodd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My dad got this beauty for my mom new in December 2006. but she never really liked it so he got her a highlander hybrid instead and I got this from her and after so many years and 190k miles later I still cant figure out what grade Prius it is
    1. it has hid lights( dealer replaced bulbs and ballast a couple of times so not aftermarket) but no fog lights \\\
    2. leather seats but no smart key
    3. garage door opener and compass in rear view mirror
    4. no nav system
    5 17 inch enki chrome wheels
    the reason I am asking is because my brother just got a 2009 and it fully loaded with fog lights and nav and all the good stuff and in just curious what kind mine is. just thinking its some kind of show room car or a special order thing.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the options change from year to year. what package is your bro's? leather seats, home link, 17" wheels might all be aftermarket. it's probably package one or two. does it have cruise? i can't believe your mom hated it for 190,000 miles!:cool:

3. briantodd

briantodd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes it does have cruise control. And mother didn't drive it she got a highlander hybrid instead and I put all that miles on Prius

bisco likes this.
  4. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That's a puzzler. The Smart Key system came on every package except for 1 in 2006, and from the factory, HID headlamps were packaged with fogs (in packages 6, 7 and 8) and leather was only offered in package 8. Homelink mirror was with packages 5-8.

Without SKS, it looks like it's a package 1 with a bunch of add-ons somewhere along the way.

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 it is Pkg 1 or 2 if it does not have the back-up camera. They were almost impossible to find at the dealer because, being a cheap skate, I wanted one but could not find one. But I am happy we got the Pkg 3 with back up camera. But those packages 1 and 2 would probably not have HID lights no 17 inch wheels no leather seats. Also Dec 2006 very few 2006 at the dealers as the hybrid tax credit was full out $3150 therefore way into 2007 model year by December, so I am thinking you're talking a 2007 Touring maybe.

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Can't be a Touring because they all have SKS.

I suspect a red herring. Briantodd, is the logo on the fob black or silver? If it is silver look for the SKS button on the lower dash & turn it on.

Someone either added HIDs or removed foglights. They also replaced the 15" or 16" wheels with 17".

I agree. In 2006 if a Prius sat on the lot for a week that was a long time. Search for a VIN decoder. You'll probably discover it is a 2007.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    9 years and 190k, not knowing it had sks? now that would be funny.:p

what happen to the window sticker and o/m?

i think you can plug the vin into the owners website.

8. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...ah a Red Herring :p