1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Nav and MPG!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by TC400, Apr 30, 2012.

1. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    When I set a destination to go to and once I get to a certain point I no longer need help how do I shut up the nav system? Or cancel said trip?

Another thing I want to know is my AVG MPG! The little display above the dash is constantly changing! Ill start out at 6.9 or something really low and it will go up when i start moving. I've put over a 100 miles on it I want to know what my avg MPG is.

My brother is also telling me my FIRST oil change should be done at 2,000 miles any thought?

Thanks in advanced!

2. alfon

alfon Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I would go by what the owners manual states. With todays
    vehicles and superior oil formulations a 2,000 mile first
    oil change is not needed.

On our 2010 Prius the first oil change was at 5,000 miles and
    than 10,000 for each other. Remember this is synthetic
    motor oil, 0 w 20, far superior to oil even as little as 10
    years ago.

3. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I, too, would like to know how to deactivate the Nav system before you reach your destination. Was hoping there was a voice command, but couldn't find one.

As for getting your average MPG, hit the TRIP button on the steering wheel and watch what happens in the upper dash display. Each time you hit it, it will change the display from Trip A to Trip B to Trip ODO ( or maybe it's just ODO). When it says ODO, that's your total miles driven and total average miles per gallon since the car was new.

If you want to get average MPG for a specific trip, reset either Trip A or Trip B by holding down the button to zero it out.

CORRECTION: Since I was concentrating on MPG measurements for this trip and that tip, I had only briefly looked at the ODO section, and since it kept accumulated miles I figured it kept accumulated MPG as well, but it doesn't. MPG measurement there appears to be the average for your current trip. ie: from the last time you started the car until the next time you shut it off.

4. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks! I will do that when I go to leave for work in about an hour. Yeah hopefully somebody can figure that out! I figured it would be easy turns out to be very difficult lol. I tried the voice command too I got nothing lol.

5. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Try this:

- On your NAV screen hit "Dest" > "Route Options" > "Stop Guidance"

I also think that you can get there from NAV screen "Options" > "Stop Guidance". Going from memory on this one!

Good Luck!

6. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    The mpg that shows when you are on ODO is actually just the average since your started the car (that's why it's always changing). The only way to get the average over the lifetime of the car is to leave either Trip A or Trip B alone, and never reset it. Seems like a tiny missing piece of functionality (I don't look forward to the day I accidentally reset my lifetime Trip), but it works.

7. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ok in all honesty that's dumb! Why would toyota leave something so important out! So right now im getting about 40.1

8. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks! I shall give it a try! Appreciate it! I need to read the manual

9. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    These meters are going to get reset sometime, either by a fumblefingered driver or by a clueless service technician during an oil change. So write down the figures occasionally, especially when going in for service, and expect to compute an approximate lifetime MPG from the recorded figures.

10. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I shall do that. I still cant wrap my head over that toyota wouldnt provide a avg mpg when that is something this car is all about.

11. j_benj

j_benj Prius C Fan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Honestly you'll get a more precise answer by simply doing the math when you fill up at the pump. Start keeping track of your ODO readings and how much fuel the car takes when you fill it up and make the calculations. I use a Numbers spreadsheet on my iPhone with the simple formulas in it and it always winds up being slightly different than what the C's display says.

Or alternatively you could use Fuelly.com and enter your fillups there. You get a nifty sig picture to use as well :)

12. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if the new systems are anything like the genII... there is/was "resume guidance", " suspend guidance" " delete all destinations" (requires a separate response for yes or no)

the genII has 430 commands or so... i assume the newer ones have more.. i know the number went up a bit for the genIII....

(i used to carry around a list of voice command... along with an instruction manual for installing EV for any other owners i come across)

Here is a link to the genII commands (list created here on priuschat)

here's a link to an outside source that created a list for the genIII

this way you can see how the list is growing. (i forgot a few that i'm going to re test out)

btw... i believe there is a HELP command which gives you a short overview of the what you can do with voice commands.