1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Navi

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mr.whit, Aug 26, 2009.

1. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does it always default to the Navi screen? every-time I change the screen it will always come back to maps, I have not found anything in the manuals about this.

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2 people like this.
  3. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Press the Setup button, touch General, set Auto Screen Change to Off. That will stop the navigation system from automatically changing to the map.

This is described (but not very well) on page 236 of the Navigation Owners Manual.

Enjoy!

5 people like this.
  4. mr.whit

mr.whit Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks guys... I am still looking for another option to have my phone book read the last first??? that is so weird that Toyota would not let you set up a phone by Last Names.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does this apply to the audio screen only? cause for me, it's the opposite. My screen doesn't flip and I have Auto Screen Change set to on.

6. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd think that yours would be flipping back to NAV. I set mine to off the first day I owned it, so I'll try it again when I go out later and report back.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Weird... cause I tried turning it off (and saving it) then turning it back on (and saving it). How long does it take to flip back? It's fairly quick on the Gen II (maybe 30secs?).
    And does it flip from any screen other than the nav?

8. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I set mine to auto return, put it on audio, and about a minute later it flipped to the NAV scree. I then went into Info-Phone and put it on calendar, and it never flipped. I then put it on audio and about a minute later it flipped - back to the calendar.

I then went hmmmmm, put it on NAV, turned off auto-return, ran some errands, and now here I sit. :p

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah so it appears that it's strictly for the audio screen. Any other screen will stay put. Which is annoying as I found out that if I were to call and then hang up (e.g. the other party isn't picking up), the screen doesn't return to my previous screen but rather changes to the Phone screen (the one with the touchpad numbers) so I have to manually go back to the nav screen.

Also, my MP3 CD is skipping, at times quite badly (as in Unable To Read Disc). What gives? It worked in my previous car. I burned another just to check and that has the same issues.