1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Prius 2008 pricing and packages

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TerryStl, Sep 10, 2007.

1. TerryStl

TerryStl New Member

Hello everyone!
    At Toyota's web site www.toyota.com I priced out a new 2008 Prius and noticed some odd things with the pricing.
    The first is that its not possible to get the official starting base price of $20,950 before you start adding packages and destination charges.
    Also it was letting me price a standard Prius with option package A at $575 and a Leather interior without having to order the $4550 option D package, I copied this off their web site below,

Model

1.5 Liter 4-Cylinder, Prius with Packages, Gas/Elec Hybrid (ECVT)
    Options

Option A
    $575 MSRP
    Colors

Exterior: Spectra Blue Mica
    Interior: Dark Gray Leather

Base MSRP:*
    $22,325
    Destination & Handling:**
    $660
    Options & Accessories:
    $575
    Total Combined:***
    $23,560

Is there something wrong here? or can a leather interior now be ordered without the option D package?
    It looks like the striped base model without heated mirrors & cruise control is not yet priced in on there site, but I can’t be sure.
    Dose anyone know more about 2008 pricing and these option packages?
    Thanks,
    T

2. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just got an email from the dealer in central Illinois that the Touring package 6 that I ordered will arrive the middle of the month. He said the MSRP is $28319.
    The Consumer reports pricing report give dealer cost - holdback at $25291

Invoice on the base touring is $21506.

I'll shoot for the invoice price, Illinois financing instant rebate of $1000, and the federal credit of $700 something.

I need to get the 05 detailed this weekend and ready to sell.

3. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msirach @ Sep 10 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]510454[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats on the new machine!

You've probably made yourself aware, but just in case: The federal tax credit ($787.50) goes away at the end of the month, so you must take delivery by Sept 30.

Also, the financing rebate in Illinois is available only through "approved" lenders. Your dealer may already have the connections you need to make the arrangements for you, but it is worth making certain!

Hope all goes well for you. Remember to post all of the info on the day your car arrives!

4. twilsonchicago

twilsonchicago Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(msirach @ Sep 10 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]510454[/snapback]</div>
    $28319 would include the $199 floor mats and probably the rear bumper "applique" for $65. Here's the breakdown on the 08 Touring Package 6 (I picked up mine on Friday):

Base: 23,220 (up 150 from last year)
    package 6: 4,175
    destination: 660
    total 28,055
    + 199 + 65 = 28319

TerryStl:

I think there are still some bugs in the 'build your Toyota' section of the website, which only transitioned to the 08 model year on Friday. Example: there was a price error on Friday, but it was fixed by Sunday. I think the only ways, still, to get Leather are with package 6 or aftermarket.

Tim
    Chicago