1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about purchase

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mike_m, Apr 30, 2006.

1. mike_m

mike_m New Member

I think I am going to go with a Mag. Grey 3# or #4 with leather, and door guards. I really want the ugraded wheels with the 17 inch tires. I am also wanting Sirius. I have a plug and play in my CTS now, that I would probably have put in the new car. When I go to toyota.com, and do the build and price thing, it said there were 268 total available. My question is about the process with a dealer. It seems that it would definitely have to be ordered because my search came up with one car, and it didn't have everything I wanted. I have my car to trade in. Once I go to the dealer and order what I want, will they already agree on pricing with my trade, or do I have to negotiate this once the car comes in. I am so used to finding what I want on the lot, and slugging it out immediately. If I could find the one I wanted, I would buy it tomorrow. I am just worried that I won't get one delivered in time to take advantage of the tax credit.

Thanks,

Mike

2. priusblue

priusblue New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ Apr 30 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]247614[/snapback]</div>

The tax credit will last at least until the end of the 3rd quarter. I think you're safe if you order it soon - you should get it before then. Talk to the dealer - try to find one that tends to get higher end packages, you'll find they tend to specialize, and use that one - but don't pay more than MSRP. You could also get on multiple waiting lists - as long as any deposit is refundable.