1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Smart Key Set up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by marissa20uk, Dec 5, 2011.

1. marissa20uk

marissa20uk New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi

I have a question about my smart key on my '09 prius. Okay, If I put my hand in passenger or hatchback it unlocks all doors. If I put my hand in driver door, it only unlocks driver door. I would like if I put my hand in driver door to unlock ALL doors. Is this possible, I looked through my manual and tried the suggestion, but it didn't work. Am I do something wrong? Help! TIA!

Marissa

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    by the way, the reason the drivers door only opens the drivers door and why pressing unlock on the keyfob once only opens the drivers door is a safety feature for those living or working in non safe neighborhoods.

that way they can get into the drivers door confident that someone hiding on the other side of the car can't jump into the passenger side. Remember those volvo commercials from last year that says their remote keyfob will alert you if it senses a person hiding near your vehicle??

if you live AND work in a safe place you can undo the sks factory setting and toggle to the other setting which opens all 5 doors when grasping the drivers door. (link to the instructions are in the previous post)

if chuck norris had a prius which setting would he use?? i mean on the one hand he would want all the doors to open in the hopes that some assailant would jump in so he could have the legal excuse to kick the snot out of someone. But on the other hand, there's not enough room in a prius to perform a CNRHK (Chuck Norris Round House Kick)

how bout a couple of more norris jokes:
    When Chuck Norris does pushups, he remains still and the earth moves up and down.
    When Chuck Norris gets angry he slams a revolving door shut.
    If Medussa looks at Chuck Norris, she's the one to turn to stone.
    If you tie Chuck Norris hands and feet he'll just punch you with the 3rd fist hidden in his beard Fear of spiders is called Arachnaphobia, fear of Chuck Norris is called Common Sense
    Ghosts sit around fires and tell stories about Chuck Norris
    Chuck Norris doesn't need to eat, food uses Chuck Norris' body for protection
    If a cop pulls over Chuck Norris, the cop is lucky to leave with a warning
    Chuck Norris' bear rug isn't dead, its just too afraid to move.
    Chuck Norris road had to be renamed because everybody was afraid to cross it
    Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, death is just building up the courage to tell him
    Chuck Norris came to Earth after he had vanquished all life on Mars.
    Chuck Norris doesn't ride into the sunset, the sun is running away for dear life
    Jesus walked on water, Chuck Norris swims through land
    When Chuck Norris puts milk on Rice Krispies, they keep quiet.
    Optimus Prime was created after Chuck Norris pissed in a semi's gas tank
    Chuck Norris and Superman once fought as a bet, the loser had to wear their underwear on the outside
    Chuck Norris doesn't flush the toilet, he scares the sh*t out of it
    Chuck Norris counted to infinity, twice
    Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter
    Death once had a near Chuck Norris experience
    The Boogeyman checks his closet for Chuck Norris
    If Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks you, even Google won't be able to find you.
    Chuck Norris knows Victoria's Secret