1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about used or new badges?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by navyjoe1987, Dec 20, 2013.

1. navyjoe1987

navyjoe1987 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I want to get my badges painted which involves removing them. I'm not paying someone to reinstall them. I was wondering what would you recommend, should I use the old badges on my prius c or buy new ones. Since the comes pre-taped? Is it easy to clean and retape the old badges?

Also, how hard is it to remove the hood and hatch toyota badges? Do the hybrid ones on the sides go back on easily? I know there will be holes until I put the badges back on.

I plan on getting an aqua badge, both hybrid badges, and the toyota badges painted. Thanks for the advice.

2. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What do you plan to paint them with? A lot of people have had success with painting their emblems while they are still on the car. Plastidip is also a good choice since you can remove it later.

ztanos likes this.
  3. navyjoe1987

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I painted my emblems with plasti dip already. I wanted something that lasts. I was going to remove them and have them painted at a shop when I get my mirror backs painted. They said they would do them for free since I'm color matching.

4. Tony D

Tony D Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What I've done on other cars is buy new badges and paint them before you install. A better finish can be achieved imo

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You must not have put on many coats of the plasti-dip. I did my wheels almost a year ago and it looks like day 1, except where the dealer's mechanic nicked the inside of the lug wells, but nothing a touch up couldn't fix.

6. navyjoe1987

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the info. My plasti dip is nice and thick, it's not coming off any time soon. I just heard the fluorescent colors fade quickly over time?

7. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ah, not sure. I've only ever used black before.