1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about windshield washer tips

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by atterbury90, Feb 3, 2024.

1. atterbury90

atterbury90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Strange issue but I had my hood replaced and minor front end damage after hitting a deer and it seems the tips on the sprayers did not get replaced. This means the spray does not work, and the fluid only goes a couple inches, barely clearing the wiper blades.

Does anyone know if this is a missing tip piece on each of the sprayer hoses and if it is available at the dealer or anywhere else, perhaps less expensively? Thanks. Andy

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    From my recollection, there are two spray heads mounted on the underside of the back edge of the hood to uniformly wet the windshield when activated. I have not had one of these off yet to take a closer look, but the spray pattern I have observed indicates there are fluid dynamics involved in getting the resulting spray pattern. I suspect that the orifice and inner workings on each of these spray heads is fouled with water deposits, dirt, what-have-you, and might very well be returned to service with a proper cleaning. That would be the least expensive way and the one I would try first. There may be integral internal screen filters in these spray heads needing cleaning or maybe an in-line filter in the supply hose. A lot of supposition I know, but take a closer look.

atterbury90 and Tande like this.