1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question before buying 2011 IV Central NJ

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by robstrash, Mar 16, 2011.

1. robstrash

robstrash New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I haven't bought a new car in awhile and the last one was my 2004 Prius which I paid MSRP for (and waited 2.5 months). Before that it was my '95 Mazda which I still drive :). Anyway, wife wants to trade in the 2004 for a 2011 package IV base (no nav or anything).

I did the AAA quote and got 3 quotes (one being 45 miles away). The closest dealer listed is offering for $300 over invoice: $26697 (MRP of $27810). Seems like a good deal but never know what's a good deal when it comes to cars. I will be trading in our current car as stated above but will be paying cash so don't need to worry about financing.

We have a local dealer that is closer than the AAA dealer so was thinking of stopping by there to see what they could offer. Should I contact online to start the process with local dealer or just stop by on Saturday and see what they offer? If online, do I just go to Toyota.com? If they match the price I'm trying to see what else I can get like maybe free oil changes or something. My brain is blanking out and I'm trying to think if there is anything else that I should be asking for.

Thanks for any pointers as it's been awhile since I bought a new car.

Looking forward to our new Prius.

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would check if the local dealer has a online quote/sales person. I got a much better deal that way. You might want to sell the Gen II yourself. You can get $1,000 to $2,000 more that way.

Good Luck