1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question for people who bought a Prius in Canada

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ManfromtheNorth, May 23, 2013.

1. ManfromtheNorth

ManfromtheNorth New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I checked all the newbie sticky post, but i still have a question for Prius owners in Canada (i live in Quebec, please forgive my english it's not my first language)

Does a 0% financing deal is possible on a 72month plan? I will buy a Prius C but for the past month no dealership in my province proposed a 0% financing plan and sure enough, i'am not the only one who does not like paying interest. :)

Thanks and sorry if it's was already answered.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure you're not the only person who likes zero interest, but six years sounds like an unusually long time to enjoy an interest-free loan. I suspect the issue's more related to the dealer than the country, but such a deal will be hard to find.

3. ManfromtheNorth

ManfromtheNorth New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, they do it for the Yaris and the Corolla but not for the Prius :(. I will wait for the 2014 model to come and try to get a killer deal off the 2013 they might have in stock. I really want this Prius C, but wife want to buy a house next year lol.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A new car loan won't help your mortgage capacity, that's for sure.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah I see that it's 0.9% for up to 36 months then increase by 1% per 12 months. The Yaris, Corolla and Matrix are their bread and butter and they sell a LOT of those (particularly the Corolla. They've been pushing it since 2010). The Prius and Prius c are aggressively priced so your best bet is to try and get one at a discount (vs. trying to wait for 0% financing). I don't think I've ever seen 0% for the Prius. 0.9% is the lowest I've seen.