1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question for Singapore Prius Owners

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by wjtan, Jan 16, 2007.

1. wjtan

wjtan New Member

hiya.

I'm considering purchasing a Prius in Singapore.

But there are so many unknowns when purchasing a hybrid in S'pore. Hopefully someone can help me out with the following:

1) We currently get 40% tax concessions up until end 2007. Does anyone want to hazard a guess which way the concessions will go after that?

2) Humidity. Anyone experience problems with it affecting the car? What about the recent heavy rains; problems anyone?

3) Resale value. A bit premature for the 2004 models, but your thoughts?

4) After sales support. How's Borneo motor's expertise on hybrids? Would you dare consider a parellel import? They are charging SGD10000 less!

5) How's the consumption figures for the 2004 model in our tropical climate? I see Vincent's incredible figures. They are less than half what I get in my 1.6 sedan!

Thanks and regards.

2. cooltek

cooltek New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mookieconster @ Jan 16 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]376205[/snapback]</div>

3. cooltek

cooltek New Member

Hello from Malaysia.

I too am thinking of buying a Prius from Singapore as they are not available in Malaysia. I believe that the Government here are slow to show Toyota that they will allow a 'green' rebate so until that happens no Prius's for sale.

The Prius may be bought and used on Malaysian roads using the red number plates of the 'off peak' classification. This means the car can only be used after 7 pm until 7 am and part of the week end in Singapore. For this restriction there is a discount of $ 17,000 S which when added to the further rebates for 'green' status gives a total rebate and discount of $32,000 S. The buying price is then just $ 66,388 S.

The Singapore specification is poor and a higher specification cannot be ordered.

Cooltek.

4. Audio

Audio New Member

I have already placed my booking fee for my new Prius and can be considered a Prius owner.

If you desire for a Prius in Singapore and want to do the Maths, then you can forget about buying it. It makes no economic sense to do so.

For the price we are paying for the Prius here, you can get a brand new 2.0L Camry.

But if you, like me, like to be an early adapter of technology and love the idea of driving around with a battery and stop at the traffic light with engine off, then it's alright.

Right now, Singapore Toyota had sold off all their 1st generation models and only the new bath of 2006 Prius is available in most colours except black and red.

(Audio)