1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question: InvisibleMask and car washes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by roach52osu, Nov 18, 2005.

1. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

I am trying to decide if I will get the 3M InvisibleMask or a tradtitional mask when I take delivery of my Prius. I do not dislike the way a traditional mask looks on a car, but I do like th eidea that the InvisibleMask does not allow disr under it and it can be added to the mirrors and such.

My question is primarily has anyone had any issues with the protective film peeling off if a high pressure car wash is used? Since I only have access to manual and automatic car washes I do not have the benifit of a nice low preasure garden hose :( It says on one site removal requires 150 degrees and carefull pealing, I am sure the surface of the car on a hot sumer day could reach this temp.

Since I will more than likely be taking delivery in the dead of winter and we have lots of salt on the roads I want to avoid chips so I will get one or the other just not sure if my washing habits will become an issue.

Also has anyone had issues with wax or polish discoloring the film or building up around the edges?

Thanks in advance for any comments,

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had mine for nearly 2 years with no problems of this kind. I normally wash by hand but have been thru an automatic car wash about 20 times. No problem with discoloration or wax buildup either.

3. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

Good to hear, I appreciate the info sounds like it should be a good option to have installed then.

Thanks!

4. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would also just take it easy with a pressure washer around the edges. Don't blast the edge of the film over and over and I doubt it would be a problem. I haven't manually used a pressure washer, but I've taken it through a touchless wash a few times and that uses high pressure blasts. No issues whatsoever.