1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question on modifying steering wheel button for backup camera activation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by crypter, Mar 4, 2007.

1. crypter

crypter New Member

Hello everyone,

I have a 2007 Silver #4 that I would like to modify to allow the backup camera to operate at the push of a button - specifically the button that activates the factory nav function, which I don't have in my Prius. This is the button on the upper right of the steering wheel with the "plus" on it. How difficult is this to do? I think it would involve adding/modifying/jumpering a couple of pins on vaious connectors and adding a rectifier diode as per Darryl's info on his Prius site (Darryl - you have an excellent site, BTW!).

I just installed Coastaltech's EV mode switch, and I really like the convenience of having the activation right at the steering wheel, which is why I thought it would be cool to add the rear-view functionality there as well.

Any thoughts? (Darryl?)

Thanks,

cc B)

Edit- My mistake above - the button actually says "map" on it, not the "plus" button - sorry if this was confusing. But I'm still looking for info if anyone out there in Priusland might be able to help.