1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question on overhead console

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Antonio Santoyo, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Antonio Santoyo

Antonio Santoyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello everyone,

New to the forum, owner on a newly acquired 2015 Prius Five,

I have been noticing there are two different versions of overhead consoles available, my Prius does not have sunroof so I have the longer overhead console with sunglasses storage. I noticed there are two versions however and wanted to see if anyone here could answer a few questions for me.

this is the console in question:
    5C078F3E-B037-4F26-BE6D-4E595028E765.jpeg

Main question is if the buttons for the SOS, map lights or the light activation mode light up at night when marker lights/headlights are turned on?

Second question is if this console has the down light that shines down on the center console?

I have tried to look at pictures on line, video and have not had luck finding what I need to know.

thank you in advance

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The decals in the black area do not light up.

The overhead down light is that circle between the sunglasses holder and the 3 slats for the mic.

3. Antonio Santoyo

Antonio Santoyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for the reply. That gets me the direction I need. It would have been cool if the decals light up at night.