1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question - Prius Pickup check list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yoyoman, Jun 1, 2005.

1. yoyoman

yoyoman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Previously I m have posted my message in the wrong section. I just have 3 questions from the pickup check list. thanks

1. Check that the shelf/tray is installed in the upper glove box?
    2. Check that the shelf/tray is in the center console (covers about 1/2 of lower cavity).
    3. Check the plastic air dam under the front of the car for damage.

Can anyone attach a few pictures to show me? thank u

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:58ecb0fa52]Sorry, I don't have any pics, but I can describe.

1) There are two "glove" boxes. The lower one is a big bin with a short divider at the bottom. Your Toyota lit pack, with all the warranty, maintenance, tire warranty, and owner's manual, will fit behind the divider when you have finished reading them from cover-to-cover :) . The upper box has a spring-loaded cover that pops up when you push the latch button. About halfway up the sides of the upper box are a couple of ridges. There should be a black plastic tray (basically flat with a small depression in the center part) with a groove on each side that has been slid onto the ridges, so the upper box has a removable shelf in it. This tray may be sitting on the bottom of the upper box, or even in the lower box bin, and you can slide in in yourself, just be sure to get it.

2) In the center console you should find a sort of square plastic box without a top that's about 1" high. Its as wide as the inside of the console and fits neatly on the ridges at the rear of the console. It might be loose in the console, or in the lower glove box. It just sits on the ridges, forming a little box/shelf, handy for spare change or the valet driving instructions (be sure and get these too!). Some people take it off the back ridges and put it on its side in front of the ridges at the front of the console to raise the height of the console top.

3) Just get down on your hands and knees in front of your new Prius and bow deeply. No, wait, just get down and check that the black (surprisingly flimsy) plastic air shield is attached to the bottom of the bumper and to the frame, so you can't reach up and touch the radiator. The Prius, unlike most cars, has panels on the bottom to make it more aerodynamic. If you feel under the rocker panels under the doors you can find more of these panels, and if you lay on the ground behind your car and look up you'll see panels there too. In addition, in the front, just in front of each tire, there is an upside down L attached to the underside. These L shapes are made of rubber or plastic and help steer the air around the wheels (lots of discussion on PriusChat about this). Basically, all you want to do on this point is to make sure nothing is loose or hanging down.

Then get in and drive it home and enjoy! Remember, while you're sitting in the driver's seat, reading the manual, pushing buttons and trying things out, you can run down the small 12V battery. Put your foot on the brake, press Power, and start the car to Ready, leaving it in Park. The ICE will run for a short while to warm up and then shut off. Now you can listen to the radio and play with the buttons all you want; if the HV battery begins to get low the ICE will start to charge it back up.

Congratulations!
    [/font:58ecb0fa52]