1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question Re Overdoor Handles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LOLGuy, Jun 22, 2005.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The handles above both front doors are sqweaking/rattling. I tried to pop the cover to see if they could be tightened but couldn't pop the covers and didn't want to break them.

Does anyone have any experience with these little buggers????

Thank you!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you mean the overhead assist grips?

You should be able to pop the covers. There are small slits to slip a screwdriver head in to open. Hmm, it could also be the spring inside that needs oiling

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Are you sure the assist grips are the source of the noise? I have had a similar problem and found that the back seats were not fully latched.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I had a noise that I thought was coming from my windshield or dashboard. My SunPass was making some of the noise, but holding it steady didn't diminish the louder one. Holding the rear-view mirror didn't stop any of the noise.

Turned out to be a few CD jewel cases in the console bumping around against each other. Moved them, noise gone. Wouldn't have guessed initially that's where it was coming from.

5. bobc

bobc New Member

To back up LOL, my assist handles are starting to squeak, too. Haven't had a chance to take a look at them...

6. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the replies!!! The sqweaking stops when I hold them down. I'll try to tighten them this weekend.