1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question regarding the ABS pump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by evert sanchez, Apr 29, 2022.

1. evert sanchez

evert sanchez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hello Chapman i know it’s completely separate but i have a question regarding the ABS pump on a 2nd gen, i was able to replace the abs pump with a new one i tried to bleed without tech stream the first time and i had no brakes.

the second time i tried bleeding without techstream, this time removing abs relays and what not after i started the car i had brakes but they work very poor and there is a constant BEEP when i press down on the brakes. I took it to toyota and they said the part was bad it was not letting them bleed the system, how could this be if the part is new could i have installed it wrong??? i made sure everything was connected

they kept my car since monday so for 5 days only to tell me they were working on it and it’s the part that i replaced that’s bad it’s not letting them bleed the system.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Regrettably, it's hard to say much about a situation like that without having seen all the steps followed, trouble codes reported, etc.